Save the Children
Child Safeguarding Statement for Adverts
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will be therefore be subject to this scrutiny.
CS positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
National Admin Manager - China
TEAM/PROGRAMME: China Country Office
LOCATION: Beijing, China
Child Safeguarding: Level 2 - the responsibilities of the post do not require you to have one to one contact with children or young people but you may have regular but infrequent contact, usually with different groups of children and young people
ROLE PURPOSE: To provide efficient and effective admin management to China Country Office in terms of office admin/logistic/IT/Safety&Security areas. This role will also provide remote admin support to DPRK programme.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Oversee the Country Admin/Logistic/IT/Security&Security management, ensure support services operate smoothly.
· Overall maintenance of the residence/office premises, facilities assets and equipment in Beijing office and ensure that these are secure and efficiently utilized.
· Oversee the annual renewal of licenses and permits and stamp management.
Build and maintain a high performance team through effective performance management system.
· Manage Beijing office logistical support for staff travel arrangements, meetings, events, training and workshops as required.
· Responsible for Country Director’s flight booking, calendar management, meeting support, etc.
· Handle other administrative tasks as needed from time to time in order to ensure the smooth running of the team and the Save the Children China programme
Provide the remote admin support to the Save the Children DPRK programme, such as business travel support, procurement as requested, etc.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary support to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor degree or above.
· Minimum 7 years’ working experience in multinational administration function, at least 3 years people management experience
· Strong interpersonal skill and ability to handle multiple tasks
· Mature and reliable
· Good written English skills
· Familiar with using MS Outlook, Word and Excel
· Contract management experience or event experience would be a plus