TEAM/PROGRAMME: Malipo & Jinping -YN Programme
LOCATION: Kunming, Yunnan
Number of Positions: 1
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process for staff.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Project Officer / Project Manager
Direct Reports: None
· No financial approval
· Regular contact of basic factual information
Frequent (over 6 days per month)
• To support the implementation of the project activities, contributing to design, planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation;
• Provide technical support for project partners and monitor the progress of the project through regular project site visits;
• To support the Senior Project Officer/Project Manager in the planning and preparation of high quality donor reports and funding proposals.
• To assist the Senior Project Officer/Project Manager in preparation of project budgets, financial reports and forecasts and in monitoring and strengthening financial accountability at project management level;
• Assist the school and community together to establish child rights and child participation awareness within the projects;
• To develop relationships between project staff and various partners to facilitate the implementation of project;
• Become aware of current policy and practices regarding local situation at national and provincial levels;
Skills and Experience:
· At least 3 years experience in education, health, law, social work or other NGO work related field (officer level)
· Bachelor Degree (3 years + education post-secondary school) in education, health, law, social work or development. May be undertaking a professional qualification like a CPA, or Master’s program.
Communication and Technical Skills
· Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
· Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environments according to travel requirement.
· Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
· Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
· Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy.