JOB TITLE: Project Manager – Nanjing/Guizhou
LOCATION: Beijing is preferred and other SC sub-offices are considered.
Number of Positions: 1
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process for staff.
ROLE PURPOSE: To lead the EC supported project in Nanjing and Guizhou. This includes to work closely with the national office, project staff in these areas and government and NGO partners.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Program Operations Director
Direct Reports: 3
If this role is a budget holder, approximately how much budget is the role managing: 130,000EUR
Financial Approval: Budget Allocation on General Funds over 10 000 USD
Authorise expenditure up to 75,000 RMB
External Representation: Interpersonal contact regular and varied in both oral and written forms. Negotiation and representation with senior level representatives including government level decision makers, donors, wider SC community
Travel: Frequent (over 6 days per month)
· To lead the management of EC project which includes the project activities and staff. This is not limited to, project implementation plan, regular monitoring and evaluation, partnership management, donor visiting and reporting.
· To be responsible for the overall budgeting and financial management of the project.
· Identify good programme experience that has the potential to influence policy and practice for children elsewhere in China and work with the Program Operations Director to develop strategies to enable this；
· To contribute to the production of high quality, analytical reports, regular situation reports and to the communications of Save the Children in China；
· To help establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with key government partners, experts in the field, as well as local and international NGOs ;
· To comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child safeguarding and other policies;
· To perform such other tasks and responsibilities as may be required from time to time in order to ensure the smooth running of the team and Save the Children China Programme.
Skills and Experience: At least 6 years’ experience in Child protection field (manager level)
Education: Relevant Degree in Social work, Law (MBA, MD, MPH), or professional qualification such as CPA
Communication and Technical Skills
· Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
· Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environments according to travel requirements
· Excellent people management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team-working and motivates a team across various geographical areas.
· At least 3 years of management experience (Manager and Director levels)
· Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
· Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
· Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy
SCI values are indicated below and we expect all candidates to align with such values.