Save the Children
Child Safeguarding Statement for Adverts
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will be therefore be subject to this scrutiny.
CS positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
JOB TITLE: China National Communications and Campaigns Manager
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Communications, Medias and Campaigns
Number of Positions: 1
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Level 2: the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work
ROLE PURPOSE: As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in China, the Communications and Campaigns Manager shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO). The job holder is responsible for leading the Communications and Campaigns work for Save the Children China to underpin the realization of the Country Strategic Plan.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: COO
Direct Reports: Digital senior officer, Content and media Manager.
Budget holder role：Yes
Financial Approval: Yes
· Interpersonal contact regular and varied, involved negotiation, influencing skills, and representation at national level and donor / press visits, celebrity engagement.
External communication & campaign
· Lead the planning and delivery of an effective external Communication and Campaign Strategy (off and online) designed to foster public engagement across all areas of work, contribute to advocacy efforts, support brand building, and honour donor commitments. The Communication and Campaign Strategy includes a three-year campaign designed to initiate a conversation on inclusive education for children with disabilities in mainstream schools. Lead the development of a content strategy.
· Oversee the production of corporate communication tools (such as Save the Children China’s annual review).
· Develop corresponding yearly plans and budgets; report regularly on progress against plan.
· Ensure that communications and campaign efforts are adequately resourced, including through making active contributions to proposal development.
· Act as the main point of contact for media inquiries as well as celebrity engagement.
· Ensure internal communications products and knowledge management systems contribute to the strengthening of Save the Children China team and culture.
· Provide leadership in the field of emergency communication
· Build and lead a high-performance team to deliver on the Communications and Campaigns objectives; foster cohesion and integration in the team. Manage members of staff as well as interns and volunteers – providing support, motivation, and opportunities for staff development.
· Engage with the global Save the Children network to ensure good global practices and knowledge are leveraged, and knowledge and good practices from China shared.
· Build the overall communication and campaigning capacity of the Save the Children China team, including through providing training and ongoing support to project communication and national spokespeople.
· Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child safeguarding and other policies
· Perform such other tasks and responsibilities as may be required from time to time in order to ensure the smooth running of the communication and campaigns team of Save the Children China Programme.
· At least five years’ experience in management positions relevant to this position;
· Bachelor degree, major in Communications, Journalism, media production, marketing/public relations is preferable
· Good understanding of the media and social media landscape in China;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English
· Strong leadership, people and interpersonal management, collaboration, and relationship building skills;
· A commitment to support cross-organizational initiatives and understanding of how to contribute to this;
· An ability to think strategically and to translate ideas into delivery of results;
· An understanding of and commitment to, the aims of Save the Children as an organization working for social change and active in the promotion of the rights of the child;
· Ability to operate within a predominantly administratively self-servicing environment.
· Experience with social media campaigning and communication;
· Photography and video editing skills;
· Experience of working in development or humanitarian assistance;
· Experience in delivering training, coaching or mentoring others.
SCI values are indicated below and we expect all candidates to align with such values.
If you are interested in this position, please read the Child Safeguarding first, fill in the Application Form and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org before 18 Sept, 2018.