Save the Children
Child Safeguarding Statement for Adverts
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
TITLE: Education Project Officer（0-3）-internal only
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: (select only one)
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
To contributing to put project objectives and strategies into practice by following project cycle which include design, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation and refined model of ECCD projects for the children in Xinjiang.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: ECCD Project Manager
Role Dimensions: The responsibilities of the post require to work directly with children, parents or young people, individually or in groups
Internal: Xinjiang Education Project Team, Xinjiang Programme Manager and other project staff within Xinjiang Programme Office and the whole SCI China Programme Office.
External: children, young people and parents, teachers, community people, volunteers, experts, general public and government officials.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
· To provide inputs into project proposals and reports in a timely manner and to implement ECCD project activities, contributing to design, planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation;
Provide technical support for project partners and monitor the progress of the project through regular project site visits;
To develop ECCD project models, training curriculum and teaching material and Responsible for the ECCD Training workshop planing, coordination and delivery;
Assist the community together to establish child rights and child participation awareness within the projects;
To develop relationships between project staff and various partners to facilitate the implementation of project;
Develop positive cooperation relationship, team spirit and sense of collective honor,show high quality working attitude
Become aware of current policy and practices regarding ECCD situation at national and provincial levels;
To file the hard copies and electronic copies of all project documents as they are produced;
To contribute to the communications needs of the organisation, helping with reports and case studies that will support fundraising or other needs;
· Other duties as required and assigned by local programme and line manager
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
A professional qualification at graduate level. e.g. education, teacher training, social work or other relevant subject;
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Ability to effectively communicate with people of different backgrounds, including in rural areas of project sites;
· Excellent professional and personal communication skills, and analytical skills;
· An energetic and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and co-operatively within a team setting;
· A flexible approach to work with good time management skills and the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines;
· Willing and be able to travel extensively and regularly to project sites and within China;
· Experience in-group training, preferably using participatory methodologies.
· An understanding of and commitment to, the aims of SC as an organisation working for social change and active in the promotion of the rights of the child.
· A commitment to support for cross-organisational initiatives and to team working and understanding of how to contribute to this.
· Ability to operate within a predominantly administratively self-servicing environment.
· A minimum of three year work experience in an education related field, e.g. teaching or education projects, preferably working experience in the area of education for children in NGOs;
· Able to carry out all appointed work in a non-political and non-discriminatory manner
· Fluent in English and mandarin in both spoken and in written;
· Fluent in Uyghur in both spoken and in written;
· Good report writing skills.
· Experience of training, capacity building, or advocacy is preferred.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
and send it back to email@example.com before 10th Jan, 2019.