TITLE: Project Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Programme Implementation
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fix-Term
POST STATUS: National
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
To plan, implement, develop and monitor 0-3 ECCD project with the support from the Senior Project Officer/Project Manager and local partners per agreed strategies and policies.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Project Officer
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: No financial approval
1.Regular contact of basic factual information
2.Regular contact of detailed explanations of policy, regulations, programs, services and representation of SCI at the local level or with mid-level counterparts
3.Over 6 days per month travel.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
1. To support the implementation of the project activities, contributing to design, planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation;
2. Provide technical support for project partners and monitor the progress of the project through regular project site visits
3. To support the Senior Project Officer/Project Manager in the planning and preparation of high quality donor reports and funding proposals.
4. To assist the Senior Project Officer/Project Manager in preparation of project budgets, forecasts and in monitoring and strengthening financial accountability at project management level;
5. To develop relationships between project staff and various partners to facilitate the implementation of project;
6. Become aware of current policy and practices regarding local situation at national and provincial levels;
1. Certificate of bachelor degree or above with major in education, health, law or social work etc. May be undertaking a professional qualification, or Master’s program.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
1. At least 3 years experience in education, health, law, social work or other NGO work related field (officer level)
2. Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
3. Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environments according to travel requirements
4. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
5. Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
6. Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy.
1. Working experience in Early Child Development, child nutrition & health project
2. Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.