TITLE: Senior Project Officer _ Education
GRADE: Grade 4
36 months until August 31, 2022
POST STATUS: National
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
To plan, implement, develop and monitor Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD) Project, with the support from Education Project Manager and local partners per agreed strategies and policies.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Manager _ Education
Direct Reports: 1
Financial Approval: No
• Regular contact of basic factual information
• Regular contact of detailed explanations of policy, regulations, programs, services and representation of SCI at the local level or with mid-level counterparts
• Over 5 days per month travel
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• To take lead on the implementation of Early Childhood Care and Development project activities, contributing to design, planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation;
• To develop and maintain strong relationships with various partners to facilitate the implementation of project;
• Responsible for the related project training workshop planning, coordination and delivery;
• To develop the project models, training curriculum and teaching material;
• To prepare high quality donor reports and funding proposals, project budgets, financial reports and forecasts and in monitoring and strengthening financial accountability at project management level;
• To deputize in absence of the Project Manager;
• Become aware of current policy and practices regarding local situation at national and provincial levels;
• To assist the project manager in financial and HR management.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks.
Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
• Bachelor degree or above
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• A professional qualification in the areas of early childhood education, education, development studies, health education or social work;
• A minimum of three years' work experience in an education related field;
• Willingness to travel to field and work in difficult environments according to travel requirements;
• Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Effectively communicate with people of different backgrounds,including in rural areas;
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children;
• Strong people management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team-working and motivates a team across various geographical areas;
• Carry out all appointed work in a non-political and non-discriminatory manner;
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles
• Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy
• Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good report writing and analysis skills;
• Past working experience in the area of ECCD in NGOs;
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.