Save the Children
Child Safeguarding Statement for Adverts
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will be therefore be subject to this scrutiny.
CS positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Child Poverty Program Intern
ROLE PURPOSE: The intern is responsible for supporting the ASST projects with a focus on technical assistance and background research
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Youth Development and Child Poverty National Lead
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the thematic lead, the intern will perform the following tasks:
• Carry out research on digital literacy for children and youth, including:
o A literature review on use of ICTs in education in China’s rural areas and in China’s migrant schools
o Desk-based research on digital competencies for 6-14 years old (including any research paper in Chinese and English, as well as summaries of organisations active in China in this field)
• Support labour market assessment and policy scan for SC’s projects in remote areas;
• Assist the National Lead in report revising and other materials for donor reporting;
• Prepare meeting reports and assist in activity arrangement;
• Support other related work of the ASST team as needed.
• One research brief summarizing literature review findings on use of ICT in education in rural China.
• One technical note on digital competencies for 6-18 years old.
• Education: The candidate must be enrolled in a graduate degree programme, or in a higher degree programme, in social sciences and/or a related field;
• Experience: Any relevant work experience and knowledge of education and IT would be an advantage;
• Language: Excellent written and spoken Chinese is a must, strong written English desirable.
• Competencies –
1. Problem-solving ability, goal-orientated with good multitasking and strong organizational skills;
2. A positive attitude with the ability to think critically, and provide creative solutions;
3. Ability to prioritize tasks and manage ambiguity within deadlines;
4. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all level.
Time and Location:
Three months internship between mid Aug to mid Nov, Save the Children Shanghai office recommended / home-based acceptable
Allowance and Benefits:
The ASST Intern is a paid internship position.
As a SC China program intern, you will enjoy generous benefits:
• Valuable experience working in a dynamic, diverse, and creative environment
• Close interactions with Programme Development and Quality team and opportunity to build professional network
• Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students from underserved background
SCI values are indicated below and we expect all candidates to align with such values.
Interested candidates should read the Child Safeguarding first and email a resume in Chinese and English to:
Youth Development and Child Poverty National Lead