Save the Children
Child Safeguarding Statement for Adverts
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will be therefore be subject to this scrutiny.
CS positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Basic Education Project Officer（Short Term）
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Basic Education
ROLE PURPOSE: To support to design and implement the Basic Education (BE) project in Shanghai with support from the Education Projects Manager per agreed strategies and policies. To assist the Education Projects Manager in financial and people management.
Reports to: Education Project Senior Officer / Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of Education Projects Manager, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
1. Support the implementation of the BE project activities, including design, planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation;
2. Develop and maintain strong relationships with various partners to facilitate the implementation of the project;
3. Design, organize and/or conduct project-related training workshops, including planning, coordination and delivery;
4. Develop information, education and communication (IEC) materials (e.g. training curriculum and teaching materials) as needed for the project;
5. Monitor project budgets, financial reports and forecasts at the project management level;
6. Become aware of current policy and practices regarding the local situation at national and provincial levels;
Certificate of bachelor degree or above with major in education, public administration, social work, psychology, health etc. At least 3 years’ full-time work experience in related fields and project management.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
1. At least 2-3 years’ full-time work experience in education, social work or other NGO work related field;
2. Proven ability to take lead on project management, including design, planning, financial management, monitoring and evaluation;
3. Excellent personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
4. Willingness to travel and work in difficult environments according to travel requirements;
5. Proven ability to manage a team and create an environment which encourages team work;
6. Proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with various partners;
7. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children;
8. Strong Chinese and English communication skills, both written and verbal;
9. Knowledgeable about the topic of education for vulnerable children in China;
10. Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles;
11. Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy.
1. At least 2 years’ full time experience in BE;
2. Proven ability to work with school-aged children (6-12 years old);
3. Proven ability to be a good trainer for child workers (for 6-12 years old).
Time and Location:
9 months (Oct. 2019-Jun. 2020)
Save the Children Shanghai office recommended
SCI values are indicated below and we expect all candidates to align with such values.