TITLE: HR Officer
LOCATION: Beijing, China
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fix Term
POST STATUS: National
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
This position is to support HR team to deliver effective and professional human resources management for China Programme in both emergencies and development programming contexts, in order to achieve overall programme development goals. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of HR, Admin and IT
Staff reporting to this post: No
Budget Responsibilities: No
Role Dimensions: work with China Program&Asia Region Office HR team, communicate with all staff, in liaise with HR Agency and government office.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
· Support China Programme full time staff recruitment activities, including: check recruitment requisition, job advertising, arrange and coordinate the interview and written test.
· Support China Programme individual consultant, intern, volunteer recruitment and contract relating work.
· Maintain HR records and update personnel files regularly, accurately and confidentially, including staff p-file, HR system, ER system, LMS system, HR report, organizational chart, and other staffing information and database.
· Coordinate and deal with full time staff on-boarding and departure.
· In charge of full time staff labor contract management.
· Support on training and performance management data, document filing, etc.
· Support on monthly payroll data prepation ensure the payroll process accuracy and in time
· Support staff activites to Country Office staff when needed.
· Perform such other tasks and responsibilities as may be required from time to time in order to ensure the smooth running of the team and the Save the Children China programme.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
· Certificate of Bachelor degree or above.
· English certificate CET4 at least
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· 0~1 year work experience in HR-related field
· Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
· Good communication skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality where appropriate
· Good time management skill and the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
· Detailed oriented and responsible
· Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
· Interested in NGO industry
· Fast learner
· A good understanding of and familiarity with China Labour Law and relevant regulations
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.