TITLE: Project Manager – Child Protection
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Programme Operations/ProtectionLOCATION: KunmingGRADE: 3
CONTRACT LENGTH:Fix term
POST STATUS: National
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The role host will support Child Protection Program Manager to plan and coordinate child protection system development project at provincial level. S/He is going to lead and manage child protection work in Yunnan in cooperation with provincial level partners and to support integration of relevant children protection components with other core project areas.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Child Protection Programme Manager
Staff reporting to this post:
Budget Responsibilities: RMB35,000
Role Dimensions: Interpersonal contact regular and varied in both oral and written forms. Negotiation and representation with provicial level or city level representatives including government partners, wider SC community.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· As the project manager to lead the implementation of Child protection project annual plan with the team and partners at provincial level;
· Contribute directly to the operational work of the team and develop and manage project budgets
· Responsible for the budgeting, project management, and financial management of the Child protection project in Yunnan;
· Identify good experience that has the potential to influence policy and practice for children elsewhere in project site and work with the Program Manager to develop strategies to enable this；
· Be part of the program to contribute to the production of high quality, analytical reports, and regular situation reports.
· To deliver a high-quality project base on the program M&E plan.
· Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child safeguarding and other policies;
· Perform such other tasks and responsibilities as may be required from time to time in order to ensure the smooth running of the team and Save the Children China Program.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Postgraduate Degree in Social work, Law (MBA, MD, MPH)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
At least 6 years of project management with relevant experience in the child protection area.
Communication and Technical Skills：
· Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
· Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environments according to travel requirements
· Excellent people management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team-working and motivates a team across various geographical areas.
· At least 3 years of management experience (Manager and Director levels)
· Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
· Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
· •Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.