KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
· To be responsible for the implementation and management of the Sichuan health project, including making and carrying out project plans, detailed phased budgets, leading on regular monitoring of project activities, and ultimately ensuring implementation of project activities on time, with quality, as per budget and with compliance.
· To be responsible that all project activities are implemented and all project funds are spent in line with Chinese legal requirements and SCI internal procedures and processes.
· To be responsible for Sichuan health project budgeting and financial monitoring and to assist in monitoring and strengthening financial accountability at programme management level.
· To ensure accountability of project work together with stakeholders through use of pre-planned monitoring systems and clear, consistent communication and information sharing including the timely production and submission of quality project work plans and reports. Support as needed the Donor Relations and Awards Management department in helping maintain good relations with the project donor and informing them of progress
· To contribute to the production of high quality, analytical reports, regular situation reports and to the communications of Save the Children in China.
· To develop the quality of health work by supervising and developing the skills of staff and building the capacity of government partners to ensure good planning and the smooth implementation of project activities.
· To support the effective integration of project activities into other projects where relevant, paying particular attention to Save the Children’s activities in child rights, child participation and protection.
· To identify good programme experience that has the potential to influence policy and practice for children elsewhere in China and work with the Health Project Manager to develop strategies to enable this.
· To support the Programme Development, Quality and Advocacy departments and Donor Relations and Awards Management department in developing the funding potential for the SC China Health programme, by supporting the development of quality proposals and partnerships, building on positive collaboration within team members and cross-cutting team work.
· To support China Programme initiatives relating to the implementation and integration of such cross-cutting issues as emergency response, child-rights programming, disability and HIV/AIDS.
· To represent SCI externally , actively networking to promote SC perspectives and building relationships that facilitate operations and bring into the organisation new insights on issues affecting children.
· To comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child safeguarding and other policies.
· To perform such other tasks and responsibilities as may be required from time to time in order to ensure the smooth running of the team.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
· A professional qualification at university degree or equivalent in medical, nutrition, public health, nursing and hygiene or related field.
· At least 5 years relevant working experience in NGO progamme implementation which related to child health, nutrition and hygiene or other related field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Strong interpersonal skill and ability to handle multiple tasks
· Good English communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environments according to travel requirements.
· Familiar with using MS Outlook, Word and Excel
· Can work under pressure
· A flexible approach to work with good time management skills and the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
· An energetic and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and co-operatively within a team setting.
· Organization,planning and negotiation skills
· Experience in iNGO is an asset
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.