TITLE: Senior Project Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Programme Operations/Health Project
LOCATION: Urumqi, Xinjiang Autonomous Region
GRADE: Grade 4
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fix Term
POST STATUS: National
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Effective and quality implement health relevant project, working on innovation and building the health team to improve access to quality primary health services for children in remote rural area, and contribute on raising awareness and make changes of key health issues in remote rural area of China.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Xinjiang Health Programme Manager
All Xinjiang Programme staff and interns, all Health staff of China Programme, Project Technical Advisor, National Health Lead Ntional Programme Development and Quality team ,and other national relate team and staff.
Governmental and community partners and stakeholders, project sub award partners, project consultant, children, volunteers, donors, and academic institutions
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
· Contribute to planning processes and periodic reviews of the health thematic program planning.
· Contribute to the preparation of proposals and annual operational plans of health team.
· Contribute on health project relevant research in project site and National .
· Preparation of project plans and prepare activity plans for the project in health team.
· Prepare and submit to Line Manager regular budgets for project activities, and authorize petty expenditure relating to the project budget as delegated by Line Manager.
· Maintain and develop links with the relevant partner, government departments and stakeholders as needs at all levels.
· Work together with partners in implementing planned project activities.
· Collect monitoring and evaluation data with partners on agreed indicators on a continuous basis and in periodic reviews and evaluations.
· Prepare reports for activities and trips, as well as report on project progress in a timely manner.
Prepare short case studies and papers on lessons learned for inclusion in project reports, advocacy and marketing material.
· With the support of finance and administration team ensure compliance with Save the Children procurement and financial policies.
· File hard copies and electronic copies of all health project documents as they are produced.
· Coordinate design and production of project related IEC materials in collaboration with the Save the Children information and communication officer.
· Conduct briefing meetings and other events for approved visitors to the project.
· Perform such other tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time in order to ensure the smooth running of the team and the Save the Children China programme.
Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child safeguarding and other policies.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
A professional health qualification at bachelor degree or above, e.g. public health, medicine, and nurse; or more than three years substantial work experience in public health/ health policy/other health related project field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
A professional health qualification at bachelor degree or above e.g. public health, medicine, and nurse; or more than three years substantial work experience in public health or health policy or other health related project field.
Fluent in Mandarin and English both spoken and in written;
A flexible approach to work with good time management skills and the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
An ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, including communications by telephone and in writing.
An energetic and proactive approach with the ability to work cooperatively or independently within the Xinjiang team.
Ability and willingness to travel widely in program areas with hardship condition and sometimes to other parts of china and internationally some times.
Demonstrated commitment to human rights and social justice.
Substantial Health project relevant research experience
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.