SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of Campaigns, Communication and Media
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
·Support team in designing and editing materials for a range of audiences and contexts, including reports, media material, newsletters, digital content, presentations and briefs.
·Develop or implement engaging-campaign across different digital channels, identifying communication opportunities for proactively or reactively responses, and ensure unified messaging to deliver project goals.
·Plan, create and execute compelling original content for projects or issues - with a strong focus on Weibo, Wechat optimization and amplifying influencer content.
·Create engaging social-driven storytelling using in-house multimedia materials.
·Remain ahead of social media trends and lead and manage agencies to create and execute innovative social media strategies and partnerships for different channels.
· Liaise with external creative agency and vendors to develop and produce creative material.
· Ensure branding and style compliance across all materials.
·Offer administrative support to the communications team in tracking product and material deadlines.
·Provide event support in different markets by liaising with outside vendors and partners to make sure logistics are properly executed. Track expenses, maintain a budget and ensure timely payment of vendors.
·Support line manager and work collaboratively across departments to maintain website content, suggest areas for improvement and edit for consistency and accuracy.
·To represent SCI externally , actively networking to promote SC perspectives and building relationships that facilitate operations and bring into the organisation new insights on issues affecting children.
·To comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child safeguarding and other policies.
· To perform such other tasks and responsibilities as may be required from time to time in order to ensure the smooth running of the team.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism and/ or Communication from reputable university;
· Ideally 2-5 years of experience in communications or marketing. Outstanding candidates newly graduated with ~1 year experience in PR, media/social media or corporate communication areas is also considered.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Strong strategic, research and analytical abilities
· Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and to meet tight deadlines, including a flexible mindset regarding working hours;
· Able to work independently and thrive on bringing creativity and new thinking to the job.
· Strong teamwork and collaboration.
· Commitment to the mission, principles and values of Save the Children;
· Excellent written and oral English.
· Great interview skills
· Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Flash, Adobe In Design
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Child protection and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Child protection and Safety policies and procedures.