Consultancy title: Project Consultant –School Health and Nutrition
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Save the Children has implemented a comprehensive School Health and Nutrition (SHN) project in both urban and rural China to help school-age children “learn to be healthy and be healthy to learn.” On the basis of initial 30 migrant schools in China’s mega-cities Shanghai and Guangzhou, the project follows the Focused Resources on Effective Health and Nutrition (FRESH) model, which refers to focused interventions on school health service, environment, education as well as policy, and addresses health topics including oral health, eye care, nutrition, handwashing, sexuality education and menstruation hygiene management. Until the year of 2019, the project has developed a mature project model and a comprehensive education toolkit for children, school teachers, and parents including health education curriculum, child-centered activities, and various types of information, communication and education materials promoting children’s health knowledge and behaviors.
This Consultant will support the Shanghai Basic Education team, specifically the School Health and Nutrition project, to manage the activities in Shanghai.
Consultant Tasks & Expected Outputs
Under the overall supervision of the budget holder of the School Health and Nutrition project, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
1. Implement project activities as planned such as teacher training, curriculum development workshops, and final evaluation.
2. Conduct monitoring and coaching visits to project schools to support teachers on a monthly basis.
3. Work with the budget holder to update the detailed implementation plan and phased budget.
4. Maintain partnership and regular contact with project partners such as education bureau and project schools to facilitate implementation.
5. Support the development of information, communication, and education materials as needed for the project.
6. Perform other tasks as assigned by the budget holder.
Duration of Work
3 days a week from 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2020
Person Specifications Required
1. At least 1 years’ full-time or part-time work experience in education, public health, social work or other NGO work-related field.
2. Proven ability to independently implement project activities.
3. Experience in budget management is preferred.
4. Good planning and organizational skills, including time management, ability to multitask and meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
5. Willingness to travel to fields and work in difficult environments according to travel requirements.
6. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across Save the Children and with various external project stakeholders.
7. Good Chinese and English communication skills, both written and verbal.
8. Knowledgeable about the topic of education for vulnerable children in China.
9. Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your Chinese and English CVs to email@example.com by 1 Jun