Child Poverty/youth development Program Intern
ROLE PURPOSE: The intern is responsible for supporting the youth development projects with a focus on technical assistance and background research
Reports to: Youth Development and Child Poverty National Lead
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the thematic lead, the intern will perform the following tasks:
· Carry out research on employment policy and skills development for children and youth;
· Prepare meeting reports and assist in activity arrangement;
· Support M&E work and tools development;
· Edit language for important documents;
· Support other related work of the youth development team as needed.
· Education: The candidate must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree programme, or in a higher degree programme, in social sciences and/or a related field;
· Experience: Any relevant work experience and knowledge of education and/or social policy will be an advantage;
· Language: Excellent written and spoken Chinese is a must, strong written English desirable.
· Competencies –
1. Problem-solving ability, goal-orientated with good multitasking and strong organizational skills;
2. A positive attitude with the ability to think critically, and provide creative solutions;
3. Ability to prioritize tasks and manage ambiguity within deadlines;
4. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all level.
Time and Location:
3-6 months, Save the Children Shanghai office recommended / home-based acceptable
Allowance and Benefits:
The Child Poverty Intern is a paid internship position.
As a SC China program intern, you will enjoy generous benefits:
• Valuable experience working in a dynamic, diverse, and creative environment
• Close interactions with Programme Development and Quality team and opportunity to build professional network
• Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students from underserved background
SCI values are indicated below and we expect all candidates to align with such values.
Youth Development and Child Poverty National Lead