Youth Employability Skill Training to Vocational School Students is a part of Adolescent Skills for a Successful Transition (ASST) Program in Save the Children, which aims to support deprived youth from vulnerable backgrounds with low education, enabling them to acquire skills and competences for pursuing their employment aspirations and a decent life in a supportive environment.
In Shanghai, ASST program targets youth and deprived local enrolled in public secondary vocational schools (16-18 years old), with an intension to help improve their job and life prospects.
This project will provide cases about vocational school students’ transition from school to workplaces of STEM fields to vocational school teachers and students, and support teachers to apply cases into soft skills training sessions, in order to improve 1,000 students’ employability.
-Provide cases regarding with employability skills which empower youth to become competent worker, including social skills, communication skills, high order thinking, intrapersonal skills and positive self-cognition.
-Support vocational school teachers to use these cases in vocational training sessions to improve employability of 1,000 vocational school students.
Consultant Tasks & Expected Outputs
Under the overall supervision of ASST Senior Project Officer, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
1. Be responsible of designing and planning of the real-workplace-scenario case collection for secondary vocational school students. (Aug. 2020)
2. Interview with employers and graduates as well as related video recording activities. (Sep. 2020)
3. Drafting the cases and produce videos. (Aug.-Sep. 2020)
4. Support the release the cases through the online vocational educational medias to make cases available for youth. (Aug.-Sep. 2020).
5. Support vocational school teachers to use cases in the existing courses of vocational education to enhance students’ professionalism and connection with ASST project team. (Aug.-Sep. 2020)
Person Specifications required
1. At least 1 years’ full-time or part-time work experience in education, social work or other NGO work related field;
2. Professional ability and experience in developing and distributing cases about adolescents’ transition to workplaces and employability skills practiced in career adaption.
3. Have rich working experience in the field of secondary vocational education in Shanghai, with an understanding of perspectives of stakeholders in the development and employment of secondary students.
4. Have experience in education and training, especially with participatory methodology and approaches.
5. Have excellent communication skills, especially with deprived adolescents and youth in secondary vocational schools.
Shanghai ASST Project Senior Officer
31st July 2020