Save the Children
Child Safeguarding Statement for Adverts
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will be therefore be subject to this scrutiny.
CS positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
JOB TITLE: Beijing Project Manager
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Beijing team
Number of Positions: 1
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Level 2: the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work
This post holder will oversee and manage the projects mainly in Beijing and other areas required. The tasks includes, proposal development, project implementation, project monitoring and evaluation, report writing and provide strategic inputs to the country team.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Program Operations Director
Direct Reports: 2-4
Financial Approval: Yes
· Interpersonal contact regular and varied in both oral and written forms. Negotiation and representation with senior level representatives including government level decision makers, donors, wider SC community
Frequent (over 6 days per month)
Responsible for overall coordination of programme implementation in Beijing delivery of high quality programming in line with the objectives of the country strategy and annual plan.
In close coordination with the award management team ensure that all programmes progress in accordance with grant agreements, are completed within time and on budget
Serve as overall project manager for Beijing programme; manage and support staff for individual projects and grants
Ensure programmes are implemented in ways responsive to the communities, and children in line with Save the Children principles, values and strategic plan and following Save the Children compliance procedures.
Ensure preparation of timely and high quality progress reports, programme reports, and donor reports.
Manage staff and the teams (currently team size of 2-4) ensuring good people processes, strong performance management, and the development of a strong culture of collaboration and learning and development.
Ensure the recruitment, training, and promotion of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff
Skills and Experience: At least 6 years experience in related field
· Bachelor Degree (3 years + education post-secondary school) in relevant subject.
Communication and Technical Skills
· Excellent / Strong / Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
· Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environments according to travel requirements
· Strong people management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team-working and motivates a team across various geographical areas.
· At least 3 years of management experience
· Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
· Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
· Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy
SCI values are indicated below and we expect all candidates to align with such values.