JOB TITLE: Senior Project Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Child Protection
Number of Positions: 1
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process for staff.
ROLE PURPOSE: To plan, implement, develop and monitor the projects (Cross regions), with the support from the Project Managers and local partners per agreed strategies and policies. To assist the Project Managers in financial and people management.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Manager
Direct Reports: no
If this role is a budget holder, approximately how much budget is the role managing:
· Authorise expenditure up to 75,000 RMB
· Regular contact oGf basic factual information
· Regular contact of detailed explanations of policy, regulations, programs, services and representation of SCI at the local level or with mid-level counterparts
Frequent (over 6 days per month)
• To take lead on the implementation of the projects activities, contributing to design, planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation;
• To develop and maintain strong relationships with various partners to facilitate the implementation of project;
• Responsible for the related project training workshop planning, coordination and delivery;
• To develop the project models, training curriculum and teaching material;
• To prepare and consolidate high quality donor reports and funding proposals, project budgets, financial reports and forecasts and in monitoring and strengthening financial accountability at project management level;
• To deputize in absence of the Project Manager;
• Become aware of current policy and practices regarding local situation at national and provincial levels;
• To assist the project manager in financial and HR management.
Skills and Experience:
· At least 4-year experience in education, health, law, social work or other NGO work related field (senior officer and coordinator level)
· Bachelor Degree (3 years + education post-secondary school) in education, health, law or social work etc. May be undertaking a professional qualification like a CPA, or Master’s program
Communication and Technical Skills
· English communication skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
· Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environments according to travel requirements
· Strong people management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team-working and motivates a team across various geographical areas.
· Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
· Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
· Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy
SCI values are indicated below and we expect all candidates to align with such values.